Freedom Park is one of the largest public parks in the city of Atlanta, and it takes an army to keep it looking its best!
It’s our duty to contribute to the upkeep of our public spaces, so beginning in June, Freedom Park Conservancy will host a monthly volunteer work day on the second Saturday of the month.
You can see upcoming volunteer dates and projects on our events page by clicking here, or join our volunteer list to receive email alerts about upcoming work days.
Let’s do this!
May 3-5, Freedom Park Conservancy is excited to be the Atlanta host of Jane’s Walk.
Visit www.JanesWalkAtlanta.com to learn more!
Spend some time in Freedom Park the weekend of April 26th and help Atlanta compete in a nation-wide challenge! It’s simple. Just:
- Download iNaturalist: Click here or search for iNaturalist in the app store.
- Find Wildlife: Any plant, animal or fungi in Atlanta counts.
- Take a Picture: Your picture will be automatically geo-tagged and date stamped by your smartphone.
- Share Observations: Upload your observations through the free iNaturalist app.
Visit Fernbank’s website for more information by clicking here!
Freedom Park Conservancy is participating in Georgia Gives Day on November 27th – and we need YOUR help to make tangible improvements to Freedom Park!
Your support will help FPC:
– Hold eight volunteer work days in the park to remove invasive plants, mulch trees, and address erosion issues
– Work toward Audubon Society Certification of our Bird and Butterfly Garden
– Add at least two small native pollinator gardens
– Identify and preserve snags for woodpecker habitat
Join Freedom Park Conservancy on a brisk urban hike and explore one of Atlanta’s largest green spaces!
On the morning of December 8th, Freedom Park Conservancy Board Chair Harriett Lane, an experienced tour guide, will lead attendees on a < 5 mile trek on the Freedom Park PATH trail. Attendees will learn about the history of Freedom Park and FPC’s plans for its future while enjoying the sites and sounds of this urban oasis, sipping hot chocolate along the way!
Dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes. Families welcome.
This event is free but donations to Freedom Park Conservancy are welcome! You can donate by clicking below or in person at the event.
Click here to join and share this event on Facebook.
Light up Freedom Park on our Radiant Ride!
Join Freedom Park Conservancy at 6pm on December 16th as we create a sparkling spectacle through one of Atlanta’s largest public parks.
The Radiant Ride is free and open to all to participate, no registration necessary. Bring your friends and help us highlight what Freedom Park has to offer! Decorate your bikes (and yourself) in lights for this night time event.
We will gather at Condesa Coffee at 6pm. Attendees are encouraged to bike to Condesa, but there is limited street and deck parking on John Wesley Dobbs Avenue.
Click here to join the event on Facebook and invite your friends!